In order to deepen Qi (Weiqi, Xiangqi and Chess) Culture Research, intensify qualitative and quantitative research methods and provide instructional and operational suggestions for the development of Qi industry, after research Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan decides to carry out 2017 Qi Culture ‘8+X’ Projects Bidding Work. The announcement is published as below:
1. Bidding Projects
The ‘8+X’ Projects for bidding include:
(1) The research of the status and function of Qi culture in the historical progress of realizing Chinese dream.
This Project intends to explore the important function that Qi culture makes on different aspects of current China such as politics, economics, culture, society, technology, diplomacy and military. It mainly explores the functional routes to draw this big picture.
(2) The research of the status and function of Qi sport in the development of Chinese history.
This project focuses on history, reviews the successful or failing experience in the developing process of ancient Chinese politics, economics, culture, society, technology, diplomacy and military. It mainly explores the political function of Qi culture on the development of current Chinese society.
(3) The research of inner connection of Four Arts, namely Chinese zither, Qi, calligraphy and painting.
This project mainly focuses on the research of Four Arts, but also includes Chunqiu Six Arts (music, archery, mathematics, ritual, chariot-riding and calligraphy) and Qing Dynasty Eight Elegant things (Qi, Chinese zither, Calligraphy, Painting, Poetry, Alcohol, Flower and Tea). It intends to explore the relationship between Qi and other Chinese traditional arts.
(4) The research of the modernization of Qi tournament principles and system.
This project intends to analyse the current rules and regulations of both professional and amateur tournaments, provides the reform suggestions of modernizing the rules and regulations of Qi tournament.
(5) The research of the inner discipline and mechanism of the selection, cultivation and the outlet after retiring of professional players.
This project focuses on the living period and growing pattern of professional players, meanwhile regards on the developing problem after retired, to provide targeted countermeasures of strengthening cultivation mechanism and reform innovation of professional players.
(6) The research of history and current situation of Chinese and global Qi culture.
This project hopes to find out the historical development trend, researches the problems cultivated during the development process of Qi culture and provides suggestions for Qi culture to advance to the world in the future.
(7) The research of the development problems of Qi Sport under the background of information technology and internet technology.
This project analyses the combination problem between Qi sport and four main industries under “Information Economy 1.0” (Searching Engine, E-commerce, Online Game and Instant Messaging) and three main industries under “Information Economy 2.0 (Internet of Things, Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence) in order to elaborate the good functions that information technology and internet technology have on Qi sport.
(8) The research of the development of Qi sport service and industry.
This project not only insists the service property but also emphasizes the importance of its industry property at the first time. It explores the problems during the development of both sides, in order to realize good and fast development of Qi sport, further more improve the Qi culture living standards of citizens.
(9) Other Qi culture related projects.
2. Funding Measure
In order to motivate the enthusiasm of contributors to participate in Qi Culture Research, increase the level and quality of projects, Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan decides to provide funding for those who bid.
(1) Funding objects
Both individual and group can bid for projects while each individual can bid at most two projects. Those who already received other funding cannot bid. After the assessment of experts organized by Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan, those shortlisted essays will receive corresponding research funding support.
(2) Funding levels
According to the level of difficulty and workload, projects will be classified into three degrees: Most important projects, important projects and general projects.
Most important projects will receive the funding support of 20,000 RMB;
Important projects will receive the funding support of 10,000 RMB;
General projects will receive the funding support of 5,000 RMB.
All the funds are tax included.
(3) Funding management
Funding projects take effects after the announcement published on the website of Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan. Author and Qi-Yuan need to sign “Project Funding Agreement” (see Appendix1)
3. Assessment Criteria
(1) Scientificity. Submitted Papers can use systematic and scientific theory to have research on Qi culture. The theoretical foundation and research methods should be with high scientificity.
(2) Innovativeness. Submitted papers can propose original opinion, innovative theory and practice with clear thought and incisive analysis.
(3) Perspectiveness. Submitted papers can put forward the research of related regions, fill the unknown research area.
(4) Practicalness. Submitted papers can keep a foothold on the present practical situation of Qi culture development and combine theory and practice together efficiently.
4. Final paper requirement
(1) The final paper should be academic essay. All works should be original and have not been published before.
(2) Funding project group or individual has to submit at least 1 paper to the 5th (2017) China Hangzhou International Qi Culture Conference.
(3) Word limit is 5,000-20,000 Chinese words. Format should be general academic format.
(4) The copyright belongs to author while Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan has the right to promote (publishing, digitizing, etc.) and reprint in any format without informing nor paying any fees to the author.
(5) Those who do not submit research achievements before deadline, or submit essays which are examined by experts as unqualified, will be forced to start default procedure.
(1) All shortlisted paper after the examination of experts will be forwarded to the 5th (2017) China Hangzhou International Qi Culture Conference. According to the arrangement of Organizing Committee, authors will have the chance to do presentations.
(2) All satisfactory papers will be adopted in the special book Qiantang Qi conference----China International Qi Culture Expositionand each author will gain one of that book.
(3) According to the editing and publishing procedure of ‘Qi Culture Encyclopedia’, part of excellent papers will be adopted to ‘Qi Culture Encyclopedia----Research Papers’.
(4) All submitted papers will participate in the competition for the 5th China Hangzhou International Qi Culture Conference Excellent Papers. Excellent Paper Selection Measure will be exposed later. The reward principle is as following:
First Prize: 30,000 RMB
Second Prize: 20,000 RMB
Third Prize: 10,000 RMB
Excellent Shortlisted Prize: 2,000 RMB
All the prizes are after-tax.
6. Methods to apply
(1) Please fill the Project Application Form (See Appendix2) and submit it to email@example.com before 15thJanuary 2017, or mail to Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan.
Contact: Gao Tingshan, tel: 86-0571-28057353, 86-18626875250
Zhang Yuanbo, tel: 86-0571-28176127, 86-13486195060
Address: Office 410, Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan, 2 Qianchao Road, Jianggan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 310020.
(2) If papers are found plagiarized, imitated, recomposed or using others’name, Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan will cancel its qualification to apply. Those with funding support already will be forced to taken back. Those with the behavior of tort will take legal responsibility.
(3) Please read the announcement carefully, after filling the application form, it means to agree all the requirements listed.
(4) The interpretation right of this announcement belongs to Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan.
Appendix 1: Project Funding Agreement
Appendix 2: Project Application Form
Hangzhou Branch of China Qi-Yuan
19th December, 2016